Crustless Spinach Quiche
16oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 Cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese (can be substituted for any cheese)
1/2 Cup of Shredded young Manchego
1/2lb ham, cubed
3 Large Eggs
1 1/2 cups Milk
Salt & black pepper
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2) Lightly grease a 9-inch round or 8-inch square baking dish with olive oil
3) Shred the Gouda and Manchego cheese, alternatively use a food processor.
4) Whisk the eggs and add the milk, cheese, salt and pepper and lastly the spinach and Ham
5) Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
6) Bake until the center is set, around 30 min
Serve with a Side Salad or a why not a Salmon fillet.
If you are one of those who thinks nutmeg and spinach go hand in had, feel free to mix that in as well!
Tip: I always eyeball the amount of Milk in a quiche because I am not one to use a recipe when I make the dish. Depending on how well I squeezed the water out of the spinach or the overall consistency of the mix I might need to add more Milk. It is better that you always start with less Milk then what the recipe calls for.
Fun information: It is interesting how spinach hanges taste and shape when it is cooked. My husband is not a big fan of cooked spinach as a side dish but would never say No to this Quiche.